
“Nice As-cot!” -Barbie
Pixar. When you see the little Luxo Lamp thingy bouncing across the screen to smush the “I” you can only imagine what they are coming out with next. Pixar has taken 5 Oscars for Best Animated Feature and last year marks their official jump into the big boy’s table of Best Picture with their Animated Feature Up. This year Toy Story 3 has taken a nod for Best Picture and I would like to believe they have a good shot.
But, even though I can sing the praises of Pixar and about how many times I’ve watched Toy Story 3 over the past 2 months since it hit DVD, I have to say that it will probably not gain the award of Best Picture. If Pixar has the biggest shot at any of the awards other than Best Animated Feature, it will be for Best Adapted Screenplay by Michael Arndt, the genius pen behind Little Miss Sunshine. The secret ingredient is Arndt’s use of situational irony and tongue-in cheek humor without having to make references to pop-culture, which can harmfully date a movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment