
If you haven’t had a chance to see it, DO IT! Black Swan is that one movie that will have you wondering what in the world will happen next. Is Natalie Portman going to sprout wings in the final Act and flop around on stage as a broken Swan or what?
The story centers on a young Ballerina (Natalie Portman) who is as innocent as Christmas and wants so badly to be Prima Ballerina for her school’s production of Swan Lake. When her sleazeball director (in an uncomfortable performance by Vincent Cassel) decides to make her the Swan Princess, she must find a way to break into her dark side to play the role.
The movie is highly entertaining and leaves you guessing what is reality and what is not, and relies heavily on the symbology of the Swan. Will it win Oscars? I love you Darren Aronofsky, but I think you slipped through the cracks this year, although I do believe that Natalie Portman has a strong Shot at the Oscar for Best Actress even though I think she looks a tad old to play the role.
No comments:
Post a Comment